I can remember going to Subway (eat fresh?) back in the day and ordering two entire 12" sandwiches for myself. One of my favorites was the chicken-bacon-ranch, and sometimes I'd even get two. This recipe is just as good, and way better for you!
The whole two sandwich thing is in the past. That was 117 pounds ago, and no sandwich is worth going back to being that unhealthy. Luckily, I've developed a bit of a knack for making Primal approved versions of the foods that I used to enjoy as a larger man. Hope you enjoy my Primal Chicken-Bacon-Ranch as much as I did!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Pound Bacon
- Primal Ranch Dressing for Serving
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- Vegetables to Saute in Bacon Grease
1. Cut chicken breast into chunks
2. Over MED-HIGH heat, cook bacon (preferably in a cast iron skillet, but any shallow pan will work)
3. Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towel, and chop into small pieces
4. Add vegetables sea salt, pepper, and about 2 pieces of bacon to the skillet and saute vegetables to desired tenderness
5. Remove vegetables and bacon from skillet and set aside
6. Cook chicken chunks in skillet until cooked through - thickest chunk should measure internal temp of 165 degrees
7. Add bacon and turn to HIGH heat to quickly brown chicken chunks
8. Serve with Primal Ranch dressing drizzled, poured, or dumped over your food and dig in!
This one hit all the spots, and I'm sure we'll be making it more often. We discussed including cheese to push it to the limits of Primal living and delicious food!
Let me know how everyone like it, and if you make any changes share with other Primal people. Connect with me on social media, and leave a comment below!