Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting
All the time people are guessing that I'm keto, or primal, or paleo, or whole30, or follow some other sort of rigid nutrition system. The truth is they're all wrong. I don't fit into any one category. I believe in nutrition that fuels my body at an optimum level and allows me to continue to be healthy.
These Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting don't really fit one of those categories either. It's a recipe built on the concept of using real foods, free from processed and artificial ingredients, that tastes delicious and satisfies my pumpkin roll craving!
For more on Personalized Nutrition concepts, check out Robb Wolf's website, books, and social media!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 15 oz pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
1. Prheat oven to 350°F
2. Mix all dry ingredients for the pumpkin whoopie pies in a large mixing bowl
3. Mix all wet ingredients for the pumpkin whoopie pies in a separate mixing bowl
4. Mix the wet ingredients slowly into the dry ingredients until completely mixing into a smooth batter
5. Spoon about 1-1.5 Tbsp into each section of a whoopie pie pan
6. Bake for 20-35 minutes until edges brown and toothpick can be removed clean from the center
7. Remove whoopie pies to cool
8. Repeat steps 5 through 7 for the rest of the batter (each round of pies should use half the batter)
9. Mix all cream cheese frosting ingredients until creamy and smooth
10. Chill the frosting and apply equal amounts to HALF of the cooled whoopie pies
11. Top with frosting topped whoppie pies with the other half to form "sandwiches"
12. Chill whoopie pies until ready to serve!